Ansys Meshing (Cutcell) And Local Mesh Sizing On a Body
The Sizing group available in Ansys meshing allows you to control the following options:
Minimum Edge Length
Cutcell Meshing :
- The CutCell Meshing group of global mesh controls appears only when Physics Preference is set to CFD and Solver Preference is set to Fluent. Cut cell is hex dominant meshing method.
- It is used when boundary analysis of a large model (Aerodynamics analysis) is carried out. It will create automatically an inflation type mesh on all over the boundary of the body.
The main advantage is that you can easily get a predominantly hexa mesh with inflation layers on all over the boundary to capture viscous boundary effects. by cutcell method, the model converges more quickly and accurately than with tetra/prism meshes.
The main disadvantage is that it works only with the Fluent solver. CFX, ANSYS Mechanical, AUTODYN, etc.
Statistics Group :
An element is a mathematical region or planer area that defines how the degrees of freedom of a node related to the next. These elements may can be lines, areas (2-D or 3-D plates and membranes), or solids (bricks or tetrahedral).
The Elements option gives a read-only indication of the ‘number of elements’ in the meshed model. If the model contains multiple parts or bodies, you can view the ‘number of elements’ in an individual part or body by selecting it under the Geometry object in the Tree Outline. For bellow geometry, The no of nodes and no. of elements is shown…
Body Meshing or Defining Local Mesh Sizing on a body :
The following table gives information or an overview of how to define body meshing or local mesh sizing on a body.
People also search about Face meshing, edge meshing, vertex meshing
Sphere of influence
Body of influence
- It is a very interesting & useful feature in Ansys meshing, available in the sizing option. It is similar to the sphere of influence. In the sphere of influence, the mesh will modify the inside sphere region. similarly, in the body of influence, the mesh will modify inside the influence body region.
- To apply the body of influence, two bodies will be created. 1st body is our primary body on which mesh modification is applied. The second body will be influence the body which is removed automatically after successful creation or modification of mesh. Follow the below fig.
|Resulted Body of influence|
- Body of influence is used when we analyze any specific critical region is the given body and the condition of accuracy level is high then it is not required to create fine mesh on all over the whole body. just create influence body that has a shape like specific critical region in which meshing will finer.
- From this option, We achieve two advantages (1) Demand of high accuracy level is fulfilled without compromising in a result. (2) Computational time is reduced without compromising in results.